Thursday, October 25, 2007

Couple get wedding photos after 27 years

A teen couple didn't have the $150 to pay for their wedding photos in 1980 and thought the pictures were gone forever.

Eighty-year-old Jim Wagner took the wedding pictures and recently came across them, then set out to find the bride, Karen Cline. He walked into the Taylor's Country Diner last week, where Karen works.



"I didn't recognize him, I did not know who he was and he said maybe this will help you remember and he handed me the photo album from twenty-seven years ago," says Karen Cline. "He gave me the photo album and I opened it up and there it was, there were the pictures from my wedding album."

"She gave me a big hug and then another big hug and another big hug and I said I got more hugs than I got in a month," says Wagner. "And she laughed and cried, laughed and cried, laughed and cried."



"I gave him a check for $150, the amount we agreed on 27 years ago, and then he cried," Cline said. "I bought him a bowl of oatmeal, and we just sat and talked. I kept hugging and thanking him, but how do you thank someone enough when they hand you back something you never dreamed about getting back?"

Karen and Mark Cline celebrate their twenty-seventh anniversary today. They have two sons and a daughter, a granddaughter and are expecting a grandson in January. But they didn't have anything to help them remember their special day in 1980.

No comments: