Monday, June 04, 2012

Cow helps man pop the question

A man has surprised his cow-mad girlfriend by proposing to her in the middle of a field in Wiltshire. Nathan Evans, from Bracknell near Reading, asked his partner Angela Olano to marry him with the help of a show cow with a specially prepared banner. Ms Olano said she was "amazed" as she thought her partner of 15 months was taking her for a country walk.

The couple said they plan to get married in September and have decided "not to serve beef on the menu". The proposal came as a complete surprise to Ms Olano, 21, who thought she was being driven to a pub in the county to celebrate a relative's birthday. She said: "I like cows, if I could have a cow I would, so I just thought he was going to take me for a walk somewhere to look at cows.



"So I was really amazed but it really means a lot to me. I know Nathan is the man I want to marry." Mr Evans, 26, contacted the organisers of the South England Show to find someone "willing to provide a cow", said Catherine Elmes, from Costow Farm near Wroughton. "I've been asked to do some other things with cows but not this," she said.

"But Rosie's a show cow so she was already clipped - but we gave her a bath just to make sure she was clean and tidy." Mr Evans said there was a moment when he wondered if Ms Olana would say yes. "I got a bit nervous at one point after I said 'Will you marry me' and Angela whispered in my ear 'can I say no'," he said. "But I know that's her sense of humour."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's a stupid cow joke here... but when they make it that easy, there's just no point.