Saturday, September 20, 2014

Heartbroken man spent 44 hours queueing for new iPhone in bid to win back his wife

Polish-born Darius Wlodarski, 41, from Swindon, began queuing outside the Apple store in Cabot Circus, Bristol, at noon on Wednesday to make doubly sure he would not fail to buy a new iPhone 6 for his wife, Joanna. The couple split up a month ago and Darius was determined to fulfil his promise to himself to buy one for her.



He does not expect the present will necessarily get them together again but hopes it will bring her some happiness. Darius was led into the shop first by staff, after his camping feat. He was shaking as his iPhone 6 was wrapped up for him. He said: "I think the camping out has been worth it, I want to keep this promise to my wife. I am heartbroken and devastated we split up, but now it has happened, I realise I could have been a better husband.

"I know a phone won't make up for everything that has happened between us, but I want to make her happy. I want to apologise to my wife and daughter. I have been camped out for days. People in the restaurants supported me and gave me food and drink and I'm very grateful. I haven't had a chance to look properly at the phone yet." He added: ""Lots of people in the queue were very happy but it was different for me because of the circumstances.


YouTube link.

"We would have been married for 20 years next February but I wasn't the best father and husband. It took me a while to realise what really mattered - and that is my family. My wife said to me I should remember that it is now 'things' that matter, that I was worrying too much about saving for things, and she was right. I know an iPhone is another 'thing' , but I told her I would get her one and I wanted to keep my promise." Out-of-work Darius and his wife Joanna met on the doorstep of a house party in their native Poland more than 20 years ago and he said it was "love at first sight".

No comments: