Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Grandmother claims she can cure eye problems by licking eyeballs

A Bosnian pensioner claims she can cure eye problems by licking eyeballs with her golden tongue. For over 40 years, granny Hava Cebic, 77, has been helping friends and neighbours in her small village of Crnjevo, in northern Bosnia and Herzegovina, by licking eyeballs.

Later, as her fame spread, locals from other villages have travelled to see her. She said she had started when she was a child, and her brother had complained he had dry eyes, so she had pinned him down and licked them for a joke. She added: "He told me he had been able to see better after that". She had then tried it on others with eye problems, and it had really worked, to her surprise.



She said she had cured allergies, dry or tired eyes, as well as others diagnosed with problems like conjunctivitis and ocular hypertension. She says her licking can even help the symptoms in serious conditions like cataracts. "At first my husband was very confused and didn’t want me to do it," she said.

"But one day he got a piece of wood in his eye and after I licked it out he agreed that I had a gift, and I should help others. Now, whenever anyone has something stuck in their eye or whatever, they come to me," boasted happy Hava. "They come from different towns and villagers and in a minute or two their problem is solved. But I always make sure I wash my tongue in alcohol before and after an eye licking," she stressed.

2 comments:

Megan Huddleston said...

When I was in middle school I went through a brief phase of putting dabs of mint toothpaste in my eyes after finding eyeball licking to be just too nasty. It was actually very refreshing when the burning stopped.

arbroath said...

I'm lost for words! :)