Saturday, January 24, 2015

Man 'cooked alive' while using malfunctioning sauna

A woman has been left devastated after she found her father's blackened, charred body inside a malfunctioning sauna. Dennis Antiporek, 68, left a note for his family saying he was going to relax in the sauna at his condominium complex in North Miami Beach, Florida, on Sunday.



His daughter Laura went looking for him when he failed to return hours later. “When I opened the door, I looked and there was a black man in the sauna. It wasn’t my dad so I shut the door and I looked, the clothes hanging it was his clothes,” said Lara. At this point she realised it was her dad. "I close my eyes and I just see his face charred," wife Ronnie Antiporek said.



"And this sounds horrible, but there was skin on the floor and on the bench, and we shouldn't have had to see that." Dennis's family had been preparing to celebrate his birthday next week. Instead, they are preparing for his funeral. The family claim the timer outside the sauna was not working and an attorney for the family claims he was "cooked alive".


YouTube link.

"We believe at this point in time that he died by asphyxiation by becoming overheated," attorney Douglas Ede said. The family members now plan to file lawsuits against the property owner, the management company and manufacturer of the sauna.

With additional news video.

1 comment:

shak said...

The news came out yesterday that he died of a heart attack.