Saturday, March 28, 2015

Man seen towing boat with mobility scooter says he was taking girlfriend out for a day’s fishing

A man spotted towing a boat with a mobility scooter through Hartlepool in County Durham on Thursday says he was taking his girlfriend out for a day’s fishing. 22-year-old butcher Luke Cartridge suffered a bad break to his left leg during a night out in Newcastle last November and bought the second hand scooter for £120 to help him get around.



He and girlfriend Natasha Day, 19, decided to go in a fishing trip in Luke’s rowing boat but with no car available, their transport options were limited. Luke said: “There’s a handle on the back of the scooter that I was able to chain the boat to. We set out with Natasha walking alongside me and knew it would take a while because it’s pretty slow anyway even when it’s not towing a rowing boat.





“The traffic started building up behind me and I suddenly realised the were traffic jams stretching way back. Most of the drivers were okay about it, most of them were laughing and quite a few got out to take pictures. On the way back the police pulled me over and asked for a word.



“They said I wasn’t doing anything wrong but that I was causing traffic hold ups. They asked me to park my boat somewhere nearby as it was getting dark so I left it at my mum’s. Me and Natasha only wanted a day fishing we didn’t think it would cause so much fuss. I wouldn’t care but we never caught a thing!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least everyone was civil about this. That's the major lesson I'm taking from this story. And it's a lesson others might benefit from:

Life is a bizarre experience. Learn to laugh at it.

Lurker111