Thursday, September 03, 2015

Dog fell 14 storeys into man's arms

A man from Portland, Oregon, became a dog's best friend after the dog fell 14 storeys from the balcony of a Southwest Portland high-rise. “I just looked out my window at my apartment at the apartment across the street.



“There was a dog that had ended up climbing through the railing on its balcony and it was perched on this little ledge,” recalled Ted Nelson. Nelson said a 5-year-old Bichon Frise named Mordy was all the way up on the 14th floor of the building.



“You could tell it was distressed,” said Nelson. Mordy looked like he was about to fall, so Nelson jumped into action. “I said I might have to try and catch this dog,” Nelson said. He said he ran out and got right under Mordy, just in case. It’s a good thing he did. “Eventually it slipped,” said Nelson.



“I just looked up at it and it was looking at me and it landed right in my chest … caught it for a minute, kind of fell, it did hit the ground. It let out a yelp but it was a huge relief to hear it yelp,” he continued. Afterwards, Nelson and his girlfriend took Mordy to the vet, who said that aside from a couple bruises he's fine. Mordy's owner said that this has been pretty traumatising for the family. He said thank God Ted Nelson was there to catch Mordy.

With news video.

No comments: