Sunday, November 29, 2015

Record thief returned music he stole from shop ten years ago after finding God

A regretful thief who stole vinyl albums and singles from a shop in Camden Town, London, has returned the records 10 years after stealing them. The anonymous shoplifter sent the records by post to Out On The Floor Records shop with a note of apology.



The thief suffered a crisis of conscience after finding religion and feeling the need to hand back what had been stolen to the store. Shop boss Jake Travis said: “A package came with the shop’s name and address on it last week and I was slightly surprised, as I thought: ‘That’s weird. I haven’t ordered anything that hasn’t arrived.’ One of my colleagues opened it up and said: ‘Come and have a look at this’.”

Inside was a hand­written note explaining that the records in the parcel were being returned by someone trying to right some of the wrongs of youth. The note read: “Dear – when I was a teenager, I pinched a few records from you, about 10 years ago. I became a Christian not too long ago and wanted you to have these records – I hope you can put them to good use. Sorry, with regards.”



Mr Travis said: “The person who sent in the parcel had shoplifted from our ground floor and in the shop we have in the basement. We looked at the letter and looked through the tunes and they didn’t nick any old rubbish. It was a nice surprise to see some good vinyl returned.” Among the singles was one by The Cure, worth around £20 today, and others by The Stone Roses and The Smiths.

No comments: